// Current and upcoming
- On the cusp of the still untitled, EMMA /SEB, 5.2. - 13.3.2020
- Moving the Horizon, Art-cade gallery + Gallery Zoeme, 9/2019, Marseille, France
- Moving the Horizon, Art-Cade Galerie Bains Douches, Marceille, France, 22.6.2019
- Rauma Triennale 2019, Rauma Art Museum, 8.6. -15.9.2019
- Coexistence, Kiasma collection exhibition, 4/2019 - 3/2020
- Earth Rights, Kunsthalle Turku 2/2019
- Connoisseurship in Contemporary Art Research Conference 29. - 30.11.2018
- Time is out of joint, solo show, gallery Sculptor, Helsinki, 31.8. - 23.9.2018
- Material Thought, Varbergs Konsthall, Sweden, 7.10.2017 -7.1.2018
- Silent Space, Nordic House Reykjavik, 11/2017
- cache, gallery Titanik and around the city of Turku, 10/2017
- City of Light, Jyväskylä City Library, 28. -30.9.2017
- February 2020
- October 2019
- June 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- April 2017
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- January 2015
- September 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- January 2013
- October 2012
- July 2012
- October 2011
- July 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
Tag Archives: kuvataiteilija Sari Palosaari
2018 | #1 Marcel Breuer Cesca chair frame, t-shirt, #2 tubular steel chair frame, t-shirt (entangled with Atmospheric #2)
2018 | chair, float glass
RGB color and ambient light sensors, light emitting wall, glass channelsRead more...
RGB color and ambient light sensors detecting the incoming light from one point in the sky, were placed on top floor of the building and timed to work one at the time. A light emitting wall is translating the incoming data into temporally adjusting tones and intensities of light. During day time the light tunes to surrounding conditions of light and during the dark hours the data recorded of each day runs in shortened loops.
The work is located inside the auditorium volume that is enveloped with semitransparent glass. The light emitting wall runs along the curved auditorium wall facing toward the foyer space.
The work is realized in co-operation with White Arkitekter AB / Fredrik Mats Nilsson for Uppsala Akademiska Sjukhuset.
Electric technician Gregoire Rousseau, programming Eetu Huhtala, lighting entrepreneur SAAS Instruments.
Curator Lotta Mossum, commissioner Eva Rosengren / Uppsala Region, Kultur och bildning.
Winner of invitational competition.
2016 | Rocks, soundless cracking agent, sound of a stone splitting, building materials from location and from studio practise
The work makes use of soundless cracking agent, an expansive mortar, that was developed for splitting rock and concrete in urban densely built areas without any noise or vibration. The cracking is a result of pressure created by the expanding agent. In the installation the moment when the stones crack is unpredictable. Whereas the new, silent and unobtrusive method improves efficiency in urban construction, in the exhibited piece it works in the opposite direction. The time in the installation makes no concession to the gallery’s opening hours neither to the stuff or viewer’s schedules. The stones are cracking in their own time.
2014 | extensions for the gallery walls, hot galvanized steel mesh door, transportation boxes of the piece Blinds, utensils for building the exhibition